All About Us
Welcome to New Era Enterprises.
New Era Enterprises is a not for profit co-operative that since 1986 have provided specialist, practical support that meets a wide range of key local needs including disengagement and health inequalities.
We work to promote community development and reduce poverty for the people of East Lancashire and more specifically Burnley, Pendle & Rossendale by delivering a wide range of training and employment opportunities.
Our aim is to inspire and transform communities one life at a time and reduce poverty by improving the lives of local people within our local community.
New Era seeks to increase employment and training opportunities and to provide information, advice and guidance to empower people to grow in confidence, develop their skills and enhance their employability. Our work supports individuals and families as a whole, regardless of age and from all walks of life.
We are always finding ways to address the needs of individual and families’ unmet by the private, public and voluntary sector. These are met through a wide range of bespoke services which include: a broad range of skills development and vocational training courses; services that help to remove potential barriers to progression; emotional and mental health wellbeing support through practical sessions, engagement activities and one to one support sessions.
In achieving our aims, we ensure that our services are ‘FAIR’:
- Friendly – by providing warm, welcoming, and supportive services
- Adaptable – by ensure that services are bespoke, responsive, and convenient in meeting individual or family needs
- Inclusive – by adopting an ‘open-door’ policy to the delivery of our services, providing support to any individuals or families
- Respectful – by involving our service-users and the wider community in what we do, listening and responding to issues, comments and needs as they arise.
Over 30 years, we have:
- Helped hundreds of people into training and/or work.
- Provided hundreds of children with high quality childcare experiences.
- Supported childcare professionals by providing Paediatric First Aid training and Safeguarding Training to keep children across Lancashire safe.